H1 transfer with only Petition number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 transfer with only Petition number

Can any one guide me the process of transfering the H1 petition using only petition number.
    (I Dont have copy of it and no stamping done, I have only aproved petition and never travelled to USA).

My dumb employer is insisting on copy of petition and he is telling it is madatory to have copy of petition to initiate the transfer.

So I want to know the documents/process to do the transfer with only petition number.

Thanx a ton for your responses!
    Last edited by visahunt; 11-04-2008, 09:04 AM.

Sorry, off track ...

... but if your employer is dumb, then why don't you use your intelligence to find another one?

Comment

May be because the employer is investing the application fee on you and does not want to risk it without knowing if the petition number belongs to you or not.

They can transfer with the proof of cap count like an approved petition number. They need to talk to an attorney. My spouse had the petition transfer done the same way in the past with just an online print out of the petition approval.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thnx

txh1b thanks a lot for your valuable input.

knowledgeable some times dumb chicken lays good eggs

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X