Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H4 to F1 transfer (application in Mexico)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 to F1 transfer (application in Mexico)

Hi there:

We are Indian citizens currently residing in the USA. I am on H-1B and my wife is on H4. Both our visa status are valid until Sep. 2009. My wife has already started her Masters on her H4 status. Now we are planning to change her visa status to F1 (so that she could work on one GRA position) and we were planning to go to Matamoros, Mexico to apply and get her F1 visa stamped. My question is “If her F1 is denied in Mexico, can she safely come back to the USA on her valid H4 visa?” Logically, her H4 visa should not be canceled until she is granted her F1, but I just wanted to check. Please share your information regarding this.

Thanks in advance.

Third country F1 stamping is risky. Avoid it, goto your home country. You should be able to reenter on H4, hoping they do not messes up with your only hope to get back.

Comment

about changing visa from h4 to f1

Hii all..
      I am also an h4 visa holder.

Now planning to go for further studies.

Needed to know Whether I can change my visa to F1 in the middle of my masters degree.

Pls...Let me know how it can be worked out..will I still be eligible for OPT and work authorization for 1 year on student visa?

respond asap

Comment

Yes, you can change to F1.

For OPT/CPT eligibility, You need to take full-time coursework for one academic year. If you apply in the US for a COS, the time that you wait for the USCIS decision counts toward the one academic year. Full time status ( 9 or 12 credit hrs/sem for grad/undergrad) in another visa type counts toward the one academic year requirement.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

thanks

thanks for answering this question.

Any one else who themselves have done or are going to do this kind of change from h4 to f1 in the middle of their studies kindly share your contact or any particular things you have gone through.

Your experience can provide so much help to many others like me (and you).

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X