Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Stamping in Chennai, PIMS database query

Hi,
    Could you please let me know if anyone has any suggestions/experience in dealing with stamping in chennai vs PIMS databse entry missing. I heard that few friends had issues with PIMS missing entries and delayed the process.

I am planning to have one week trip to India this month with stamping in the same week. Is there anyway we could get the PIMS data verified before we can appeae for stmping? How long is the expected timeframe incase if we fall into this category.

Aprpecaite oyur kind help.

Thanks.

Chennai does not entertain pre-interview PIMS verifications. PIMS delay could be 2-4 days max and will not be a show stopper if you go early for the appointment once you get there.

1 week trip is too short though. If your approval was after mid 2007, the petition has greater chances of being in PIMS already with no delay.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

PIMS data verification at Chennai

Thank you very much. My H1B approval/extension was on Jul 31 2008. Also my wife had H4 stamping with referring to H1B early this month. Do you think evrything should be fine in PIMS database entries.

Thanks for oyur help.

Comment

Hello,

Hope you have got your visa stamped in Chennai. How was the PIMS verification.

I need a your valuable suggestions in the following scenario.... Your help will be highly appreciated.

Here is my situtation

I entered US in 2004 in F1 Visa and i got my H1 in 2005. I stayed in a company ABC till September 2008. I transfered my H1 to another company in Sep 2008 and got laid off in Jan 2009. Again i transferred to a different company but my H1 transfer got denied. Again i applied to another company for a transfer and got approval on July 10th 2009. USCIS send me 797B and mentioned that i need to get my visa stamped and return to US. They also mentioned that they send all my documents to Chennai consulate. So i am planning to go to chennai on 23rd July. I have my spouse along with me.

How is the chances in Chennai for this case?.

Kindly advice in this regard Plz.....

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X