Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa process / Immigration

Hello TxH1B,

I'm a regular visitor to the Immihelp website. It's a great forum for the people who want to build their careers in the US.
    I came to know a lot through this forum and I should mention that you have been of great help to all of us.
    I guess, all the questions that people ask do not close till you answer or may I add people are not satisfied till you answer their questions.

I Thank you immensely for all your help. Good Luck to you and God bless !!!

I have a question:

Why is the immigration / visa process so complex ?

Also, there are so many concerns that people have that are unheard of and people remain oblivious to what is happening with them till wisdom dawns upon them with haunting issues.
    I've read all the queries reading L1-H1 COS, Leapfrog, AP, Out of status issues, rejections, harrassment etc. What I came to know is, the visa conversion or COS is really complex. The employers to file H1 do COS without the knowledge of the employee. The employees realise later that it was COS and they remain out of status.

How should one be aware about not falling into the trap of the employers who file H1b here in the US ? Sone H1 employers are are big traitors and they only know how to make money by wrong means.

Thank you once again !!

Originally posted by sumangal
    How should one be aware about not falling into the trap of the employers who file H1b here in the US ? Sone H1 employers are are big traitors and they only know how to make money by wrong means.
    True. The fault lies in the employers as well as people desperate to do anything to get on H1b as well.

Some red flags:
    • Never pay Deposit/processing fee. Good employers do not need that.
    • Never sign a Contract
    • If you want to avoid COS, do not give your current I-94 to the employer applying for H1b. Simple thing if one wants to avoid COS issues due to automatic change in status.
    • H1b petitioners want to make some quick money from the immigrants. The immigration laws provide them an opportunity to exploit people as the sponsor could terminate an employee anytime. However, retaliation is illegal and DOL can and will act on proper complaints.
    • To this date, you see lot of H1b people in US saying it is okay to remain without getting paid. If people stand up for their rights, such exploitation will not happen.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X