L1 A to H1 B transfer with COS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 A to H1 B transfer with COS

My Company A's, L1 A visa stamping date expired on 22-Sep-08 where as my I-94 expired on 2-oct-08.
    Company A filed for my L1 A extension on 12-Sep-08 and received my approval on 27-Oct-08.

Meanwhile my H1-B (with Change of Status) applied thru Company B got approved on July 2008 effective from 1-Oct-08.
    But I am still with my previous company (Company A) which processed L1 for me

1) What is my current status as of 5-Nov-08 ? L1 or H1 ?
    2) Is it legal to be with company A?..The Company B which did H1 processing say's that I can quit whenever he finds job for me.
    3) Is there a grace period for me to work for Company B thru H1-B
    4) Can I work for the Company B as soon as I get a project
    5) Do I need to leave the country(USA) and get my H1-B visa stamped before joining the project on H1-B
    6) Company C suggested, If I trasfer my H1-B to their company I don't need to leave USA for visa stamping before joining the project.

Pls help and I am looking for the right direction

Based on last action rule, your status remains L1. Rest of the questions have been answered numerous times. Look them up.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks a lot for your answer

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X