Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Consultants query

Hello,

The consultants who are based out of the US and who sponsor H1 often ask people for H1 money. Though people know it's illegal to pay money for H1, yet they'll pay because the H1 consultant tell that they are going to refund it once the employee joins them. The employees agree.

They tell all vague things to threaten employees so that they do not leave the org and the org should get maximum profit out of it.

I do hear that the consultants hire renonwed immigration / employment lawyers to work for them.

If they have the renonwed lawyers (who I pressume know and understand law), can make such **** / vague statements. The consultants also threaten to sue an employee on trivial reasons. How do they do that if they have renonwed lawyers ?

If this is the case, where an H1 employee stands who is just earning money to support himself and his family here in the US ?
    Also, he cannot always approcach immigration / employment lawyers becaue they charge heavy fees. So what should an employee do ?

Please let me know.

Originally posted by hikes
    If they have the renonwed lawyers (who I pressume know and understand law), can make such **** / vague statements. The consultants also threaten to sue an employee on trivial reasons. How do they do that if they have renonwed lawyers ?
    I am lost.
    Check out H1 FAQs first!
    http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

I didn't get it ...

... to an extent that I couldn't even post a response!

Some issues, huh?

Comment

I believe OP was trying to point out that in a legal battle between an individual and his employer, the individual is at a great disadvantage

What he fails to realize is that in the American legal system, the attorney has a duty to both represent his client but also to do so within the bounds of the laws in effect - federal or state. While a well known attorney may represent the employer, he is bound to advise him according to the same laws that a new attorney would use to represent the employee.

Unfortunately ( or fortunately since my child will graduate law school in less than 2 months) legal representation is not cheap. Consultations or reviews of employment documents before signing are much less expensive than contesting a contract after it is signed. This is one reason that posters are often advised to see an attorney BEFORE signing anything if there are any questions.

Comment

Originally posted by C4us
          ( or fortunately since my child will graduate law school in less than 2 months)
          Is that for real?

You must be the oldest forum member that I know of on immigration forums! Well, congrats and good luck to your child.
          Check out H1 FAQs first!
          http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

Txh1b, could u ansher my questions ?

Comment

What are you asking?

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

DMX17, Yes, and she is my baby, too.

Comment

C4us,
                  What about the other 3 children?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X