Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H4 stamping - No surname in Passport***Pl. help!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 stamping - No surname in Passport***Pl. help!!!!!

i need to file for H4 visa. However the issues here are

a) My surname is empty and the given name in indian passport contains <first name><last name>. After marriage ideally my surname should have changed. However, as the surname is now empty and the given name contains the <last name>, given name row should change in passport. Has somebody faced this type of problem. How to tackle it. Pl. let me know soon.

b) Also do i need to change the surname after marriage in the passport/ the marriage certificate is enough.

c) Also, Is there any way by which we can tackle issue mentioned in pt a) using marriage certificate.

Regards,

It is very common. Look for FNU on the forum and google. A simple endorsement from the passport office saying your first name ix XYZ and last name is ABC is possible. That will set your record straight everywhere from the visa to I-94, DL etc and make your life hassle free in US.

b. Not mandatory, your choice. If you are getting the PP corrected, you could rather change surname and start with it for all your immigration paperwork.

c. Answered.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

One more Question

Thanks for replying. Can you Pl. let me know this endorsement should be done after or before marriage. Say my given name is xxxx yyyy as <first name><last name> and the surname is empty. After marriage, logically it should be xxxx zzzz. Now this endorsement should have xxxx as first name and what should be the last name: yyyy / zzzz ?
      Also how much time this endorsement takes. Is it done by the person taking visa interview?

Regards,

Navneet

Comment

Change to a married name will get you a new passport. Better go that route if you have time.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X