Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Visa interview without marriage certificate -- Need help

Hi,

I have H1B and me and my family is not having H4B visa. I am planning to schedule H4 visa interview and along with my H1B extension in India as I am going there for 2 weeks vacation. But I don't have Marriage Certificate and it is not possible to take it now as I am in USA. After going back I don't think I will have enough time to get marriage certificate and attend H1/H4 visa interivew as I have only 2 weeks vacation.

But, my passport has my wife's name and her passport has my name as spouse name. Is there any way to substitute marriage certificate for the purpose of H4 interview ?

Thanks for your help in advance.

~ Sagar.
    Last edited by sagar197812; 11-08-2008, 09:16 PM.

The marriage certificate ...

... is mandatory.

You can try your luck with alternate documents but the probability of acceptance is slim.

Take care.

Comment

for H4 you must need Marriage certificate , without marriage certificate the chances for 221g is 100% sure..

Comment

Marriage certificate is a good to have. They could ask for it or not. It depends. If you were married long ago and were not registered, non-availability of marriage certificate from the concerned authorities will help.

If you have pictures, invitation card etc, it will work fine but you should prepare for delay. I know many people that were not asked for it during the interview, but you never know.

Is it that difficult to get the marriage registered now?

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

If you register your marriage under "1955 Hindu marriage act" you can get the certificate within a day. Of course it requires that you and your wife are both Hindu/Sikh/Buddhist/Jain.

Good luck.

Originally posted by sagar197812
          Hi,

I have H1B and me and my family is not having H4B visa. I am planning to schedule H4 visa interview and along with my H1B extension in India as I am going there for 2 weeks vacation. But I don't have Marriage Certificate and it is not possible to take it now as I am in USA. After going back I don't think I will have enough time to get marriage certificate and attend H1/H4 visa interivew as I have only 2 weeks vacation.

But, my passport has my wife's name and her passport has my name as spouse name. Is there any way to substitute marriage certificate for the purpose of H4 interview ?

Thanks for your help in advance.

~ Sagar.

Comment

Hi,
            I also got my Marriage ceritficate in a day from Hyderabad - infact my marriage took place in Delhi.
            So I think if you try - then you may also get it in 1-2 days.

---Abhay

Comment

ABHAYG4, thank you ...

... for sharing your information. The keyword here was "try". Sometimes people just don't want to.

Thanks again.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X