Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS 156 Question

Hello folks,

I am going for my visa revalidation stamping in Chennai this month. I am currently in US. What should I fill as the address for question 15 in DS 156? I've checked out the immihelp help section and it says fill out the address in India. I've read on other forums that you should fill out your US address so that it's immediately apparent to the visa officer that I am a returning candidate. What should I fill in? Please advise.

-vk4t

Your choice. Delivery address for VFS has to be local which is collected much before filling the DS156 If my memory is correct. On DS156, if you have resided in US, I would go with that if I were you.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Hi,

As far as my opinion goes :
      You should fill the INDIAN Address for Question 15.
      US Address should be filled for Question 24.
      You can not have two US Address on the DS-156 - you have to mention atleast one INDIAN address on the form i.e. Question 15.

Reason:
      When you take out the print out of "Confirmation of Appointment for a US Visa Interview" letter

Its says that : If granted a Visa , the passport will be couriered to : HOME ADDRESS
      And this Home address is from Question No . 15 .So it has to be INDIAN Address.

Thanks,
      Abhay

Comment

Well ...

Thanks both of you for your reply. Unfortunately, even the guide lines provided when filling out the form don't mention any guidelines about this question. Abhay, when we are filling in the other documents, we provide an "alternate" address where our passport should be mailed. Now I am even more confused.

-vk4t

Comment

Hi vk4t,

I just replied what I did.

For more clarification - you can call the Chennai VFS Helpline, and they will tell you exactly what to do - as that helpline is for answering any questions while filling the application online.

---Abhay

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X