Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa Extension

Hello,

My mother-in-law came from Bolivia to visit with us (my wife and I are both permanent residents) in the middle of September. She planned to stay with us for 6 months and purchased her plane ticket accordingly, with return date at the beginning of March 2009. However, the immigration officer in Miami gave her permission for only three months, till December 15th. We contacted the airline to change the flight date and were told that December is a holiday season and if she were to change her flight schedule she'd incur additional cost of $900 dollars.

We are considering applying for an extension of her stay till March 2009 and would like to ask the following question.

1. Does our case have sufficient basis for extension? I understand that nothing is guaranteed, but just wanted to know if we have a chance.

2. I just reviewed some information on the Immihelp.com website and found the following statement: "Please note that you should not apply for extension of stay within 3 months of coming to USA ..." Given that she came to the USA 6 weeks ago and her visa expires in approx 7 weeks how can she apply to satisfy this condition?

Thank you very much.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

1. Yes, there is a chance, unless you know of a specific reason why the office at Miami gave only 3 months. Had she visited a lot to the US in past?

2. It is ok to apply in your case.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X