Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 156 ,157 and 158 Questions

Hi Friends,

Mine is a change of status from F1 to H1. I have few questions please let me know.

DS 158 :

5) Permanent Home Address : (Do I have to provide Indian Home address or US home address)

7) List at Least Two Contacts in Applicant's Country of Residence Who Can Verify Information About Applicant : (Do i have to provide the contact information in india or the contact peopel in US. I am already in US for the past 4 years)

DS 157 :

3) Full Name in Native Alphabet : (Do i have to print my name in my native language. I can write that one or do i have to type it using the key board)

156 :

15) Home address : ( Again, the same US address or Indian Home address)

38) Have you ever been refused admission to the U.S., or been the subject of a deportation hearing or sought to obtain or assist others to obtain a visa, entry into the U.S., or any other U.S. immigration benefit by fraud or willful misrepresentation or other unlawful means? Have you attended a U.S. public elementary school on student (F) status or a public secondary school after November 30, 1996 without reimbursing the school? : (First time when i applied for my F1 visa, i was rejected. But i got it the second time. Do i have to put Yes or No)

Any help will be really helpfull

Thanks
    Prabhu

DS 158 :

5) Permanent Home Address : (Do I have to provide Indian Home address or US home address)

Provide Indian address.

7) List at Least Two Contacts in Applicant's Country of Residence Who Can Verify Information About Applicant : (Do i have to provide the contact information in india or the contact peopel in US. I am already in US for the past 4 years)

Provide indian contacts

DS 157 :

3) Full Name in Native Alphabet : (Do i have to print my name in my native language. I can write that one or do i have to type it using the key board)

After U submit ur application for visa interview online, then print it and write it down in ur native language

156 :

15) Home address : ( Again, the same US address or Indian Home address)

Put US adress

38) Have you ever been refused admission to the U.S., or been the subject of a deportation hearing or sought to obtain or assist others to obtain a visa, entry into the U.S., or any other U.S. immigration benefit by fraud or willful misrepresentation or other unlawful means? Have you attended a U.S. public elementary school on student (F) status or a public secondary school after November 30, 1996 without reimbursing the school? : (First time when i applied for my F1 visa, i was rejected. But i got it the second time. Do i have to put Yes or No)

Put Yes and explain that u rcd it in ur second interview.
    There is no point hiding any thing as every info is there with them

Comment

Ds 158

Where are you applying for visa stamping? Is it in India or somewhere else? I filled in the online appointment but nowhere do they ask for a DS 158..I thought DS158 was only for F1/J1 but this question in the H1 visa section of forum confuses me
      Last edited by Biochemist; 11-13-2008, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Biochemist
        Where are you applying for visa stamping? Is it in India or somewhere else? I filled in the online appointment but nowhere do they ask for a DS 158..I thought DS158 was only for F1/J1 but this question in the H1 visa section of forum confuses me

Right now i am applying it in canada. But based on the schedule i might go to india also.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X