Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Doc Error from Employer

txH1,
    In my document from employer to local consular officer there r some mistake.
    like: My master is 1 year course but they write its as "3 year course and equivalent to us master degree".

I am statistics bachelor and master. I have 7+ real life sound programming experience and 1 year IT diploma. They employed me as Software Engineer.
    They justified me by 3 times telephone interview and reviewing my developed project.
    In the document to local consular officer they mentioned "position require master of bachelor degree in computer science/computer application with extensive experience" While my degree is in Statistics.

I planned to face for visa this month. Please suggest me will it create any problem?

Too many mismatches in your case. If the VO pays close attention, it will be a problem.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Error in H1B docs from Employer 2nd Question

Thanks txH1b.
      Its great that u r here. I thought these mistake may create problem. I talked with employer. They understand and try to find a solution. If they send may documents by email will that acceptable or it require physical corrected documents? Do u think my degree in statistics can be a problem for the post software engineer to visa officer?

You know nothing is wrong from me. This is the unconsciousness of employer.
      Please suggest me.

Comment

To make it right, employer has to file an amendment to the approved H1b through your lawyer. Otherwise, you are risking it.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

H1b doc error.

Thank you very much txH1B.
          One thing i forget to mention you that is the mistake is in two doc.
          1. March 31, 2008, To, USCIS, Saint Albans, VT 05479
          and another
          2. Nov, 6th 2008 To The Consular Officer, -----

do u think these document already on the hand of Consular Officer? If not then what will problem if my employer send me corrected one again to me?

Comment

The one on March 31st must be the H1b application itself which should be amended. I am not sure if the Nov one is the approval notice which is dependent on the form filed earlier i.e I129. If USCIS erroneously printed your name wrong, it could be corrected by the lawyer requesting them. In either case, it would take a while.

With the current market situation in US, you have plenty of time to get it corrected.

Comment

Thanks txH1B,
              Can I try for the ammendment if the visa consular officer concentrate to the mistake. You know this type of ammendment is a huge job and time consuming. I would like to hand it over to my luck. Please suggest.

Comment

My 797 approval notice and i129 are okay. The mistakes are in the letter from my employer to Visa Consular Officer (Nov' 08 one) and to USCIS (Mar 08 one). Do I need to bring "letter to uscis officer from employer", to visa consular officer, local office. And If the letter from employer to visa consular officer will again send by my employer to me, the corrected one, do u think then also it may problem?

Comment

Get the employer to write a new letter for the visa and consulate. That is simple and easy. Nothing needs to be sent to USCIS now.

Comment

Thanks a lot txH1B. My employer will send corrected doc through dhl tomorrow. Pray for me, I am going to face 1st week of next month.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X