Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help! -- Wife H1B stamping in India and husband in OPT-H4 COS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! -- Wife H1B stamping in India and husband in OPT-H4 COS!

Hi folks,

Need to pick your brains on this issue. I need urgent advice.
    We got married a couple of months back within the US. My wife is planning to go for her H1B stamping at the Mumbai Consulate, India.
    I have recently applied for an OPT to H4 change-of-status (COS). I haven't received the approval notice yet, but I did get the initial case pending receipt.

Is it safe for my wife to go get her H1B stamped with my COS still pending?
    Or should she wait till I receive my H4 approval notice to visit India for her stamping?
    Won't the Consulate Office have a problem that she is getting her H1B stamped while her husband is applying for a COS from OPT to H4?

She is working with a reputed company from past 1 year and hence there shouldnt be any problem of any sort of documents or anything from that point of view.

It would be great if you guys can help me out here.
    Thanks in advance for any info and advice

Please guys, help me out!

Please guys, help me out over here!
    I need some input to make the decision.

Comment

Your COS has got nothing to do with her H1 stamping. She can go ahead without any problems as far as the issue presented goes.

BTW, people contribute on the forum on their free time. You could not wait for an hour or two after your original post for a reply. We are not standing by here 24/7 to answer questions.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks a lot for your reply, Brother.
        Sorry for being impatient!
        Its just that I needed some input fast so I could act upon it!

Originally posted by txh1b
        Your COS has got nothing to do with her H1 stamping. She can go ahead without any problems as far as the issue presented goes.

BTW, people contribute on the forum on their free time. You could not wait for an hour or two after your original post for a reply. We are not standing by here 24/7 to answer questions.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X