leaving wife and living separately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leaving wife and living separately

I am in the US on a H-1 B visa. My wife is here on a H4-B dependent visa. We have many issues. I cannot live with her any more and have asked her to leave me but she refuses to go. So I want to leave her and go out of the house. My question is, if I leave the house and go out and live separately, am I responsible for what happens to her? Thanks.

Originally posted by ukinusa
    am I responsible for what happens to her?
    Clarify what you mean by this? As far as immigration goes, she will remain in status till her I-94 is valid.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

In order to protest yourself financially, initiate divorce proceedings. You will likely be required to provide her with some support. It may not be enough for her to remain in the US without a job. Be very careful as the VAWA can create many problems for you so be sure to contact a family law attorney immediately even if you decide against a divorce. You need to be extremely careful as many women file false domestic violance charges against their husbands when they are having differences. The legal ramifications of these charges are extremely serious.

See a family law (divorce, child custody, support) attorney ASAP.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X