I-94 Expired and H1B Transfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-94 Expired and H1B Transfer

Hi my I-94 and first H1B expired on 30 Sep 08, My employer applied for extension in July 08 but hasn't got Approved and still showing pending on USCIS

Is there any way or possibility to get My H1B transfer with expired I-94
    If yes than what is the risk associated and if not than what would be the way out in this situation

Thanks in Advance

Search for the word 'bridging" on the forum and go through those posts.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Denial of Premium H1b transferred after I-94 expiry affection to existing Extension

Originally posted by txh1b
      Search for the word 'bridging" on the forum and go through those posts.

http://www.immihelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46467
      Hi txh1b thanks for reply

i read some of the posts on bridging and portability which gave me idea that i should be doing premium H1b transfer to prospective company when my normal extension is pending and I-94 has expired and should not start working for new employer until i got transfer approved to save my self from unauthorized employment and i know if my extension with current employer get denied than transfer would be denied automatically, but i have one doubt as follows

my prospective company is ready to do premium transfer even after my I-94 has expired, but would denial of transfer affect my current extension any how or not? what are the possible consequences in that scenario?
      Last edited by tech; 11-18-2008, 06:32 PM.

Comment

The denial of the new transfer will not impact current extension.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X