Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Visa Stamping Date Problem - Please Help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa Stamping Date Problem - Please Help!!

Hello,

Here is my situation

1. I have been working on H1-B for 4 years and just changed jobs so need my visa stamped
    2. I will get married on 7th Dec and need to apply for a H4 visa for my wife (to be).
    3. I wanted to take a stamping date on the 11th Dec in Kolkota for both of us together.

4. When I try to look up available dates, it redirects me to New Delhi and even there only dates until 4th Dec are open, even though 2 days back both New Delhi and Kolkota showed open dates until 12th Dec.

Has anyone else run into this problem?

PLEASE HELP!!

It is dynamic. What makes you think what you saw two days back would still be available?

It is like expecting to find a 20/store limit door buster deal at 5pm on black friday!

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

well all the dates before it are still available.

Also, Kolkota does not show any dates ................ anywhere any date. How is that possible. Simply no dates in any month any day!!

From F1 to H1-B, I have had 4 stampings doen till date and I have never seen anything like this before.

Comment

Not all dates are opened. Some are available if one drops an appointment. It also varies by the visa category. You just have to keep checking.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Hi Sid8uf,

You said you are getting married on 7th Dec and looking for interview date of 11th Dec. Do you think you will get you marriage certificate in that time frame.
          How are you applying for marriage certificate?

Thanks

Comment

Hi ,
            As correctly said by txh1b- you have to keep checking.
            Also when my wife took the appointment - she faced the same problem as no dates were available.She called VFS and they told her -they open the appointment dates in Batches.
            If you don;t see anything in December does not mean that all 31 days in DEC are booked.
            My wife was Lucky as the VFS Helpine officer told her to check again after 2 days when they will open the appointments and when my wife checked that day - she was able to see many avalible slots which were not just 2 days back.
            But bottomline is - You have to Keep checking every day maybe every 2-3 hrs.
            That's what I did for my wife for 1 week continuosly (that;s the basic law of marriage...

For Marriage Certificate Question- Its possible to get Marriage Certificate in 1-2 days but you have to be ready with all the documents/proof.
            Just go to the Registrar Office , tell the urgency and request them and as you know ..you have to give some extra money..So its possible but not 100%.

Thanks,
            Abhay

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X