Want to visit INDIA at the time of H1 processing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to visit INDIA at the time of H1 processing

Hi i need to go to INDIA in MAY 2009 . But i will be applying for H1 in APRIL 2009. So is it safe that i can go to INDIA when my H1 is in processing state.

I heard that my I-94 number will be different because i will be re-entering US if i go to INIDA in May which wont be same with I-94 number which i applied for H1B processing.

Can anyone suggest me in this case.

Please its very important.

Thank you

I believe that you are doing H1 extension. If so, I don't see any problem with this.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

No i am not applying for H1 extension. I am applying for new H1 , i am in F1 now , working in OPT will be applying for H1 in APRIL 2009.

Comment

Hi,

We have passed thru the similar situation. My husband was on OPT and on his EAD, it was clearly written that EAD is invalid for re-entry in US so you will have only option to re-enter on H1. you can re-enter when H1B starts (October 1, 2009). We consulted a lawyer and he advised us not to leave US until you start work on H1B.

Comment

Dont leave USA when your H1 is under processing. Wait for oct 1, work for couple of months, then only go out of usa.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X