L1/H4 visa option

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1/H4 visa option

My spouse has been working in US for 3 yrs on L1. Her L1 visa has expired. I am working on H1. I have 2 queries:-

1. Can she take a break and apply for an H4 visa? She will not be working for the L1 comp and will be on LWP.
    2. Can she later, say after 3 months, apply for L1 visa again. Is there anything wrong or risky?

Thanks in advance

1. Yes, has to apply for COS to H4 before quitting her L1 job/status. What is LWP?

2. Depends. If H4 COS is still pending by then, it becomes complicated. L1 extensions in US are getting denied off late. So, it might be risky considering that fact.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

LWP is leave without pay

She would not be taking L1 extension. She would rather take a fresh L1 applied from India. Similarly H4 will be applied from India only. COS is not desirable by the situation in her company

Pl suggest if any of the answers change

Comment

She can leave to the home country upon completion of L1 project and return on H4. No issues. When she wants to get back on L1, she can do the same as well.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X