Visa Appointments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa Appointments

My H1b visa stamping expired this year june 2008 and my h1b is extended. I also got the I797. When I try to make the appointment it asked a question "Are you applying for the same class of visa which is currently valid or has expired within the past 12 months?" I believe need to answer "Yes" for this question. Correct me if I'm wrong. It show no appointment dates available now at Chennai. If I select No to the above question there are lot of dates available, thats kind of strange to me. I'm currently working in US and comming to india for a 2 weeks vacation and returning back to US, Am I eligible for the emergency appointment ? If so how to apply and is there any additional documents need to submited for that.

If any one knows please let me know what would be the next available appoitment dates in chennai.

Thanks,
    Rajesh
    Last edited by nrajeshkumar; 11-17-2008, 04:23 PM.

Hi,

Answer should be YES for the option as it will consider you for the Visa renewal.

For the emergency appointment - my friend recently got the emergency appointment at Delhi.

I am not sure abt the complete list of documents he has shown , but following document he got from his employer and which he has shown to the VO:

(1) Letter stating that he has to join the Hospital (as he is a Dentist) immediatley and Hospital is incurring Loss because of his Delay.
    He has patients to look after
    (2) His character letter - simply stating that he is a good employee of the hosipital and his performance is good.

He got the emergency appointment just by calling on the phone and then later applying it online. I beleive he faxed the above letters before getting the emergency appointment.
    Also as per my opinion he also got it easily because of his profession .
    I'll suggest you to call VFS Helpline and ask them what they want from you exactly for getting the emergency appointment.

Thanks,
    Abhay

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X