Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 visa interview

Hi,

I am planning to bring my wife to US on H4 visa and have taken the HDFC bank receipt from Bangalore. I have 2 questions. Please see if anybody can help me. Thanks in advance.

1. I got my H1B extension approved last month until Dec 28th, 2011. The H1B visa printed on my passport expires on Dec 29th, 2008 though. Would that be a problem, when my wife goes for visa interview? Do I need to get my visa restamped before she goes for interview?

2. Do I need to send her the originals of any documents like I797 or I129 or the print outs of scanned copies will do?

Thanks again.

1. No. No.
    2. Original I797. Rest all can be copies.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Hi,

(1) NO - you don;t have to get your Visa Re-stamped .
      (2) You have to give her
      (i) Your Complete Passport Photocopy
      (ii) Copy of ur extended I-94
      (iii) Copy of new/latest I-129 along with Latest LCA - giver her the copy of Old I-129 /LCA also if you have(on the safer side)
      (iv) As per my view- you should give her the Latest ORIGINAL I-797 . Because for H4 -VO definitley asks (atease 99.99 %) for the I-797 and Marriage Certificate. and if you check the VFS Website also for H4 documents - It says ORIGINAL I-797.
      (v) And other docs as per Immihelp list/VFS List

Thanks,
      Abhay

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X