Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question regarding I-129 and LCA for stamping

Hello all,

I have a question about this documentation for visa stamping. I am currently in US and I've been working in US for more than 8 years after completing my MS here. I've been working for my current employer for more than 4 years and my GC is in 485 stage with my current employer. I am going for my 8th yr extension stamping real soon. However, the only documents that my employer sent me are a letter to the Consulate, I-129 (two pages) and LCA (3-4 pages). That's it. No supporting documentation etc., I suspect if this is the complete packet that they submitted to USCIS for my extension. My lawyer says that this is good enough. There are other people in the company who have got their stamping done with this meager documentation.

I am just curious if I should pressure him for the entire packet or if this is sufficient. Please let me know. The letter he provided talks about the company (size, revenue etc., It's a large midwestern IT company with 10,000 employees) and my role in the company.

Any advice is appreciated.

Regards,
    -vk4t

A good to have for extensions past 6th year would be an approval copy of the I140. If it is a listed public company, the info that you have is good enough along with paystubs, W2s etc from your end. Nothing to worry.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Hi,

Yes, it's a public company. I am carrying the latest SEC filing too. Unfortunately, my employer refuses to provide me the 140 approval notice. I know that I got my 3 year extension because my 140 is approved and 485 is pending. I have the 485 receipt notice copy with me. Is that sufficient? Also, the current expired H1 stamp in my passport is from my previous company. So, this is the first time I am going for stamping for my current company even though I have been working with them for the past 4 years. Do you still think I don't need the rest of the application packet? Please advise.

Regards,
      -vk4t
      Last edited by vk4t; 11-18-2008, 02:03 PM.

Comment

You are good to go! I140 receipt is not needed but a good to have like I said earlier.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X