Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you applying for the same class of visa which is currently valid or has expired w

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you applying for the same class of visa which is currently valid or has expired w

I am visiting India this December and have to get my H-1B Visa re-stamp, since it got expired in Jan.
    When taking appointment, I noitced that there is an question asking
    "Are you applying for the same class of visa which is currently valid or has expired within the past 12 months?"

Do I have to select "yes".

Why I am asking this is if I select "no", I get dates of Dec and for "yes" there are no dates.

Please Help

Also, the PIMS delay is still an issue or if yes then what is an average delay right now.

You have to answer Yes. If at all there is a PIMS delay, its short, less than a week.

Comment

Hi orion,

My Visa expired last year OCT 2007, I am going for visa renewal in Jan 2009. Which is more than 12 months.

So do I need to select Yes or no?

When taking appointment, I noitced that there is an question asking
      "Are you applying for the same class of visa which is currently valid or has expired within the past 12 months?"

Comment

Hi ssings,

It should be NO...as the question clearly states what it is asking and you yourself giving the ANSWER.

Thanks,
        Abhay

Comment

Visa renewal appointments are available to visa applicants who:
          1. Have the same class of U.S. visa which is still valid or that has expired less than 12 months from the scheduled date of interview.

2. Wish to apply for the same visa class (e.g. had an H1 work visa, now applying again for an H1 work visa)

3. Are Indian nationals (hold Indian passports)

4.Are resident in the New Delhi, Chennai, or Mumbai consular districts (this category is not available to Kolkata based applicants).

I am confused with the second statement, Wish to apply same visa class and now applying again for same class of visa

That why i don't know whether to select yes or no?

Regards,
          SSINGS

Comment

First make sure when did your visa expire - last Jan or Oct? Then read the question carefully, its only english, and answer. If you need to ask, provide accurate information.

Comment

Confusion again

there are 2 members who have posted questions on this same thread. VisitF1 had the Jan 08 expiry and answer was a simple 'Yes'. ssings seems to have a confusion on this same question.
              Hope that clarifies.
              As far as the answer - am sorry I dont know 'yet'. Once someone responds, I'll get to know too.
              Rgds,
              MN

If you feel the above comment is outdated/invalid/incorrect, please correct me.

Comment

Hi ssings,

I think you are reading the conditions as OR .
                But these conditions should be read as AND , so ur first condition fails as ur visa has expied for more than 12 months.
                So answer should be NO

Orion : Actually there are two posts by two diffent people . For one it expired Last Jan and for other -it expired Last October.

Thanks,
                Abhay

Comment

Hi

For more clarification - you should call VFS HelpLine Number - as those people will help you out.
                  As that VFS helpline number is for any issues u face while filling the Visa Forms ONLINE.

Thanks,
                  Abhay

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X