Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Visa Renewal

Hi,

Currently I am working for Company B and I have petition valid until 2011. Previously I worked for Company A and I transfered my visa to Company B.

I am planning to go to India in Jan 09, that time I need to got for visa stamping. When i checkd the forums most people got 221 g from chennai and they have been asked for all the company related documents.

Let me know whether I need to carry all the company related documents like w2, Complete employees list with their wages, Unemployement wage report etc.

I am working for a mid size consultant (American Company), and i don't know whether they will give all these documents.

When I spoke to my client, they are ready to give the client letter and contract letter between my company and client.

Will these documents enough or Do I need to carry all the compnay related documents for Visa Renewal

Seniors help please

Regards,
    SSings

You can get employment verification letter from Company B.

But not harm in keeping all the documents
    Vj

Comment

Given the current state of affairs at the US consulates, it will surely not hurt to carry all those documents along.

Comment

Hi,

When I asked for W2 statement, my company told that they cannot give this also they are worried about giving all the employee details with their wages. They are saying it is confidential info.

When I asked them again, they told that instead of W2, they are willing to give a letter stating the Tax control number, annual turnover and other finacial details in a letter head by their accountant.

Will this be ok? will the counsulate agree this letter

1. How to get the state unemployement wage report?

2. Can ask them to give the list of employees working in the job site, with their job titles, immigration status and the salary part, can we hide it (if they it is confidential). Will the counsulate accept this documents.

Seniors help

Regards,
        SSINGS

Comment

I'm not sure for H1B renewal do we need to carry all the documents such as state unemployement wage report or list of employees working in the job site.

I'm also on the same situation like you and will wait for other folks reply.

Hoping someone could reply!

Comment

Hi,

Its not the question of H1 renewal or going for H1 first time.
            If the VO feels that the Employer/Company is little bit shady -then they ask for all these documents to make sure that these companies are paying to their employees even if they are on bench/searching for Projects , filing their taxes correctly on time etc etc.......

Its not mandatory to carry these documents but as mentioned by other members - its better to avoid any issues/problems.
            If during the interview if VO asks for these documents then I think its ur employer duty to help you out by providing these documents.
            The Letters which u have mentioned that ur employer is ready to give may help or may not help.As u know u cannot say 100% what VO feels at that moment of time during the interview.

Thanks,
            Abhay

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X