Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working Multiple Jobs on a Single H1B

Hello,

I'm working a Full Time and a Part Time Job at 2 different client places. Although there are 2 Clients, I have all the billing routed through my employer who holds my H1B. I have 2 questions:
    1. Is it OK to to work for 2 clients through single employer?
    2. The full time client offered me to join them as an employee and they said they would process my H1B. In this case, can I keep both the H1Bs and work for both the Clients?

Regards,
    Kalyan Verma

You can work at a different client place everyday as long as your employer is the one who holds your H1 visa and your payroll is processed by that and that employer only. Once you become a empoyee of client A, you cannot work for anyone else.

Comment

Thanks Orion for the Prompt Response.

So, in other words, I can hold multiple H1Bs however I can only get paid through only one of them? Is that correct?

Regards
      Kalyan Verma

Comment

If your intent is to work for two companies, your H1b should be processed/amended as a concurrent H1b. Irrespective of how many hours you work on the part time job, employer is liable to pay what is on the LCA as wages.

You can have multiple H1bs but they should be marked concurrent in the application form to work for both.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thank you. You guys rock.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X