Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confusing status of H1B

I am also facing some confusion here.
    I am working on L1 since last 1 year in US and have applied for H1B with COS. I check my status on the USCIS website, it shows case pending. But when I called up and checked the status it says "Notice in the form of I797 has been sent which will show how we will process you application. Please follow the instructions given on I-797. We will inform you by mail once we take the decision or have any queries."
    But I haven't received any notice yet, neither my consultant nor my attorney has received any.
    As this is the condition for last 8 days, I am confused here about the status of my H1B. Unfortunately I have to travel on Monday 25 back to my home country. Can you please tell me
    1. what does the message on phone indicates..does it mean that my H1B is approved (as nothing is mentioned about the RFE)?
    2. as I am going back to home country, will it impact my H1B processing? Will I be able to use the approved H1B in after 6 months?

Somebody pls answer

Comment

Just leave and come back on L1. No issues whatever the H1b status is on the phone/online.

To use h1b again, employer has to amend it for a COS or you get a H1b stamp at that time.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X