Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221(g) requery and travel to US

Hi,

I appeared my interview in US Consulate Chennai along with my dependents (2 H4) and got a 221(g) slip requesting all petitioner documents.

I have submitted all the documents and got a courier from VFS. It contains the submitted documents and some updates in the 221(g) but not clearly mentioned about what is the next steps? Kindly suggest me the proper solution.

In between my employer is telling me to fly to US on Business visa and will convert it in US to H1. is this advisable to me to travel to US in half process H1B at Chennai Consulate? if i travell on B1 then what happend with my dependets stamping in INDIA. Kindly suggest me the proper solution.

Thanks

Its not a good idea to go on Business Visa and get it converted to H1 in USA. Next time when u go for stamping they will check this act and say that your intention was wrong and may never give u a visa or even say ineleigible for 10years. I read something like that happening to someone couple of years back.

But do u have B1 Visa. Is yours H1 first time stamping. Again if u gor for B1 Visa than the H1 petition may become ineligible.

Try with all documents in 221-g and wait. or the only option i can suggest for future is if u get a chance to work in USA with Big company try for that. With small companies with not much reputation in US, u can get 221 g refusal.

Ps: This are just my views with the knowledge i have. Perhaps some seniors with more knowledgeable can throw more light.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X