Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Queries

Hi All,

I came to USA in may 2007 on H4 and then applied for H1b from USA. I got my H1B and was authorized to work from October 2008. I have not yet got my Visa stamped.

[1]I joined with my employer on Oct 1. But I did not get paid because I had not received my SSN. I received my SSN on Nov 22. Now in Nov end he has to pay me salary for two months. Is it an issue of any kind or is it normal.

[2]Can I go on leave in December for one month? My employer has no issues, as In my employment, business picks up pace in January only.But can that be an issue for my visa interview as I have to get it stamped when I go to India.

[3]What is the recommendable minimum time to be spent with the first employer before getting visa transferred to other employer?

[4]What will be my stamping consulate in India? My H4 was stamped form Consulate X because my husband’s H1B was stamped from there. Now my H1B stamping is irrespective of my husband’s and consulate X is not nearest to my residential address. Is there any obligation that I have to go Consulate X for stamping or can I/do I go to the nearest consulate?

1. Not an issue if you were working and getting paid. You should get paid. SSN is not ab excuse for not getting paid.
    2. You could go.
    3. There is nothing like that.
    4. You could go to the consulate that has jurisdiction in your place of residence.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X