H1b Cancel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b Cancel

Now I'm in L1B and I also got my H1B from some other employer starting from Oct 1st 2008. I didnt get any job from H1B employer as the market is very dull. This looks I'm out of status as of now and I dont see any opportunities from my H1B employer. Its very tough to leave my current job from my L1B employer. I have following queries.

1. Can I ask my H1B employer to cancal my H1B? I guess he will be ready.
    2. Can I continue with my L1B if H1B is cancelled?
    3. Will it be a problem while I apply for GC. My L1B employer is ready to process my GC.

1. Employer's choice. They have to pay you from Oct 1st either way. That is the law.
    2. You become illegal. You cannot fall back on previous visa status if a new status is canceled. You are currently out of status and will become illegal. Talk to a lawyer.
    3. You are already in a problem. Forget about problem during GC. That is too far away. You should know the implications of illegal employment on L1 after a COS approval.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

H1b Cancel

Recently I got my L1B extension starting from 26th Nov 2008 from my current employer eventhough I have H1B from 1st Oct 2008. I talked to my current HR and she said, it wont be an issue. Will it be a problem still?

Comment

Based on last action rule, your status seems to be L1. The reply you get would be as good as the info you provide. Why did you not write about it initially?

Either case, consult an attorney to be sure.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

H1b Cancel

Thank you so much. I will consult with an attorney immediately.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X