Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1 expired 12 months back. Can I go to Mexico for stamping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 expired 12 months back. Can I go to Mexico for stamping?

Hi,
    I am all set to go Laredo, Mexico for stamping, but I found something about "visa expired 12 months back" and need advise.

My H1 visa stamped on my passport expired 12 months back. First stamping was in Chennai, India. I am currently working on the approved H1 (not stamped yet) by my 2nd employer here. More info, I have my I40 approved and I485 pending.

1. Can I go to Mexico for getting the approved H1 stamped on my passport?

2. If yes, does it considered as a renewal or extension (I don't know the difference) or as a new H1 case?

Please help.

Thank you,
    Venad

H1 visa

I am all set to go Laredo, Mexico for stamping, but I found something about "visa expired 12 months back" and need advise.

My H1 visa stamped on my passport expired 12 months back. First stamping was in Chennai, India. I am currently working on the approved H1 (not stamped yet) by my 2nd employer here. More info, I have my I40 approved and I485 pending.

1. Can I go to Mexico for getting the approved H1 stamped on my passport?

2. If yes, does it considered as a renewal or extension (I don't know the difference) or as a new H1 case?

----- It does not matter when your visa has expired as long as you have a valid I-94 with an approved H1 petition. Yes, you cna go to Mexico for renewal of your visa and hiope they do not question you too much and hold you application for any other reason. You whould be able to get a H1 visa under normal circumstances, no issues with it

Subr

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X