AFter H1B stamping, When to go USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AFter H1B stamping, When to go USA

After getting H1 stamped when should i go to USA. Is it required to go to usa within 6 months of stamp or i can wait till last day of visa expired

Huh??!!

Why did you get the visa? Assume to work in the US? Right? If so, you travel to the United States when your work starts or when the visa was originally approved for.

You cannot just get the visa and wait for the so-called "economy to improve" and then travel to US. This is not "hold-and-forward" visa.

Of course, you have the right to do whatever you choose. Your attempt to travel until the "last day" of the visa will be quashed at your home country airport itself.

Take care.

Comment

This is misunderstanding in preious thread... I dont want to wait till last day of visa. I want to know that after getting visa "is is necessary to go to US in six month?" If i got visa in Januanry then can i wait till july or august....

Comment

There is no ...

... six month mandatory period. Make sure you get a recent letter from your employer confirming the job, project and that you're all set.

My apologies for adding the other stuff. A lot of people want to get the H1B visas and then "wait until the economy gets better". That is fortunately or unfortunately not possible.

Good luck.
        Last edited by knowledgeable; 12-15-2008, 01:45 PM.

Comment

hello knowledgeable and other senior members,

I got my h1b visa couple of months back and i'm goin' to start my employment in late feb2009.I have a query related to the "address while in US" in the I 94. Do we have to write the address of the work place or the residential address while in US ?
          Also plz inform do we have to carry all the documents at the poe that we took while h1b interview?
          Plz excuse my ignorance on these matters.
          thankyou!

Comment

plz help

Comment

Place where you will be staying. If you don't have one, provide employer's address and then file for a AR11 when you get a place.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X