Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1-B -Running payroll when Employee Abroad

Good day all,

I am working for a US Company for the last 10 months and recently i went to abroad, i have got a valid Petioton till Sept 2011. Recently when i went for Re-stamping( 2nd Time) i had a query on my H1-B.

I am working remotely from abroad for the last 2 months. is there any problem if my employer runs payroll in US and deposite salary in to my Bank account. My employer( small Company) is some what hesitant to run payroll. would you please guide/Suggest my employer on this issue.
    Do you anticipate any legal issues would be there if he runs payroll when i am abroad.

I would be on site to US once US embassy grant my visa.

Thanks in advance
    Sravan

The issue with your employer paying you has little to do with immigration. It has got to do with IRS and taxation that the employer has to pay to the country where an employee of his is rendering services. International tax laws are complicated and it has to be dealt with accordingly involving a CPA.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

I agree with txhb,
      nothing to do with H1B query as long as you have valid petetion to work for that employer. AFAIK you can work not more than 180 days on US payroll as you are working from abroad. After 180 days you need to file tax returns from the country where you are working from.

in a nutshell, your employer can run pay roll for 180 days for the period of your abroad work

:-Mereley a suggestion and experience not a legal advice

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X