Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COS F1 to H4

Hi,

I was thinking of changing my status from F1 OPT(expires in 15 days) to H4(dependent on my wife's H1-B).

What is the process to change the status and how long will it take?

Form I539. 2-6 months.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by txh1b
      Form I539. 2-6 months.
      Thanks for the prompt reply.

A few more questions -

1. What documents do I need to apply for F-1 to H4 COS?

2. As the process may take 2-6 months, in the case that I do not receive a response for this COS, will I have to leave the country after the 60 day grace period of F1 expiry?

Thanks

Comment

1. Did you open the form and read the instructions? Proof of current status, OPT card, I-94 copy, Proof of marriage, H1b proof, H1b paystubs. Search the forum, you will find more details.

2. Once you apply for COS before your current status expires, you can stay until an action is taken by USCIS.

You don't seem to know much about immigration nor were you willing to do some research. In such a case, better go with an attorney.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X