Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b/Transfer and now Visiting India for Visa Renewal

Hi All,

I am in the US since May-07 on H1b, my initial visa sticker reads Oct-06 to Oct-09 validity. I intitated an H1b transfer and changed my employer and got a new i-797 which now reads dates from Aug-08 to Apr-11 . I have also got a new I-94 .

I have a few questions :

1. While going out of US which I-94 should i use during the immigration and what should be done with the other one.
    2. Same concern for my spouse;s I-94 , which I94 to be used? She is on H4.

3. What documents should I have to carry along with me to show the VO in US consulate. Any specific document from my to be asked from my office office, other than i-797 and payslips which I have.

4. Is there is date/period restriction in which one has to show up for visa renew after entering india. I am actually visiting for 6 weeks and planning to show up in the 3rd- 4th week depending on visa appointment.
    5. My son who is born here , I have his US Passport and PIO card , do I need to have another document/formality to be done for him.

Request you all to provide some help on this. thanks

1. read the I797 carefully. It does clearly state to remove the attached I-94, staple it to the white I-94. Return both while departing.
    2. Same as above.
    3. Read H1b relevant section on immihelp for document list. You need not go for a visa. Read the FAQs.
    4. You need not even go for a visa as your visa is valid.
    5. None.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X