Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From South India, H1B approval notice has New Delhi consulate

Hi,

I am a native of Andhra Pradesh and staying in Bangalore for more than 8 years.

My H1B approval notice has New Delhi as the consulate.

1) Can I go to New Delhi consulate for visa stamping? OR

2) Will they ask me to go to the regional consulate in Chennai for stamping?

3) What kind of reasons I might have to give to VO at New Delhi, if they question on why I chose New Delhi, instead of Chennai?

Thanks for you help,
    Coolb

You should go to Chennai irrespective of what it says on the H1b.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by e3visa
      You should be able to go to any consulate to do your h-1b visa stamping. If they ask which I really doubt they will, you can say you live a lot closer to there or that this has a shorter wait time, etc.
      CJ
      Looks like you made the rules

Comment

maybe he should go to sri lanka embassy if that is closer than chennai

On a serious note you have to go to Chennai. When you start filling the application on VFS website, and enter your state of residence as Karnataka, it will direct you to Chennai appointments automatically. You can actually explain that your employer was not aware that your state of residence comes under Chennai consulate's jurisdiction.
        Last edited by kabkaba; 03-14-2009, 11:24 PM.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by e3visa
          If they ask which I really doubt they will, you can say you live a lot closer to there or that this has a shorter wait time, etc.
          CJ
          Who are you advertising for and making your own set of rules?

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X