H1 Extension -please advise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Extension -please advise

Currently I am working with Company A and my H1 is geeting expired in Feb 2009.

I got my H1 transferred to Company B in april 2008 still I have been working with Company A.

Now I have applied for my H1 extension through Comp A as it is going to be expired in Feb 2009.

If my extension gets approved(applied through comp A),What will happen to my H1 with Company B.Will it be invalid?

Can I work for Company B in the future?

Thanks in advance

If A extension gets denied, you could go work for B provided they have not revoked the H1b. Any period of employment with A past the I-94/I797 validity date is questionable as employment without authorization.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the reply.I have one more doubt.

If my extension is approved which I applied through company A,

1)What will be status of my H1 which already I got it transferred to Company B?

2) In future,Can I leave company A and join company B?'

Thanks,

Comment

Do not repeat questions that have already been answered. It tires me to reply for the same again.

1. I have already told you what happens. It remains as is if B has not revoked it.
        2. Yes, provided the I-94 # on I797 matches the I-94# on the white one and is still valid for company B. This is a safe way to ensure it is okay to work. If not, a travel and entry back using the I797 of B is suggested.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X