• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working on L1 and H1 approved without COS

Hi ,

I am currently working on L1 (Exployer -X ) also have H1
    (Exployer -Y)approval papers with me.

Q#1 ) Can i Join Employer Z with out notifing Y.
    Q#2) Can i join Exmployer Z immediately after filing COS, i.e, when COS is pending with USCIS ,can i join the employer Z ?
    Q#3) Who has to file the COS ? employer Z or Can i also file COS ?

Your help is needed...please suggest.

Regards,
    Devenderthota

Q#1 ) Can i Join Employer Z with out notifing Y.

Yes

Q#2) Can i join Exmployer Z immediately after filing COS, i.e, when COS is pending with USCIS ,can i join the employer Z ?

No, you will have to wait for approval

Q#3) Who has to file the COS ? employer Z or Can i also file COS ?

Employer Z has to file an amendment. Not you.
    I am not a lawyer and this is not a legal advice. Use it at your own risk. Consult professionals before getting into an action.

Comment

Thx itzprams for your reply!!!

One last question...How many days it will take for Approval for COS generally ?

if gets too late..can i go like this ..
      Go to india with H1 approval papers....get my visa stamped and join employer -Z directly ASAP?

please suggest...

Regards,
      Venu T
      Last edited by devenderthota; 12-24-2008, 03:08 PM.

Comment

2-6 months. Work on L1 past the COS approval is illegal and unauthorized. You MUST join H1b employer on the date of COS approval and quit L1.

Premium can give you the result in 15 days.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

There have been cases where the premium processing took more than 1.5 months or so.
          USCIS does take time for verification.Nobody can say when exactly the results come out.

I believe COS is not a good option. Approval can happen anytime. Once approved, one has to quit L1 immediately Job and join H1 the very next day. This does not give any breathing space.

Best thing is, get your visa stamped from your home country. This is how you'll ge your H1 Visa.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X