Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Status

Hi,
    I'm came to US in Jan 08 on H1B and working till date. I got all my paystubs with me. My project is closing this month end. I don't think I'll get any project in the near future due to the bad economy. Meanwhile I got an offer from a very good company in India and they ask me to join by Feb 09. I'm planning to join.

My question is if I return home in Jan and work with the Indian company for one year or so and later I decide to come back to US on the same H1B visa, what are the possibilities if

1. My current US employer cancels my Visa.
    2. If my current US employer do not cancel my Visa and show my status as unpaid absence.

TXH1B and others, appreciate if you could reply.

Thanks,

Employer can only cancel the petition, not the visa. You can look at the FAQs "remainder" key word on the forum. You can come back through any willing sponsor that can transfer the H1b using existing visa after the petition is approved or with the same employer if they have not revoked the petition.

You need not be paid if you are outside of US and there is no "showing" unpaid vacation business.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Visa Extension

Thanks TXH1B for your reply.

I have one more question. If I stay much longer in India and by the time if my visa (for 3 yrs) expires, how do I extend my visa. Do I need to come back to US before expiry and file for extension through the sponsor or I can stay in India itself and find a sponsor to extend my visa.

Is it possible for H1B extension without any sponsor?

Thanks,

Comment

Did you even read the "remainder" option? If you did, you would not ask these questions.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X