Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not able to get SSN

Hello,

I am on L1 visa and I tried to obtain SSN for my spouse. I got a letter from SSN that the records could not be validated and that I need to visit USCIS to get the data discrepancy corrected and then re-apply.

I took an appointment at USCIS where I was told I need to talk to Texas Service Center Mesquite, TX. I tried calling but the number isn't valid - **2143811423.

Can you please advise,

Thanks in advance.

First go to CBP at the airport. I am assuming the data entry error might have caused your I-94 data to mismatch. Once they ensure it is correct, then you can approach USCIS by taking an infopass appointment. I doubt if USCIS will be able to do anything. I am guessing it is the I-94 error.

Does your name on I-94 match the records like PP, visa etc?

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, when the passport was issued, the first-name field in it had my wife's (first+last name) combined. And so the last name was left unused in passport. We did not have the time to rectify the passport.

While filling in the I-94, we tried to put in my wife's first+last name in the "first name field" thereby causing the last name to be shortened to initials only. And the family name was left blank to be in line with passport.

How do I get an appointment at CBP airport? And what should I put in I-94? Should I now have her last name in "family name" but this will different from her passport.

Thanks in advance

Comment

All names should match the name on the vsa. The I-94 should match for SSA to verify. If not, you will face the problem.

Go to Indian consulate and get it fixed on the PP. It seems like a mess.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X