Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1Visa extension Question

Hello,
    I m planning on travelling to India in Jan 3rd week 2009 and returning back by Feb 2nd week. I m currently in H1B and my Visa is expiring on 3/30/2009. I have also received my H1B Extension approval notice, which is valid from 3/31/2009 to 7/16/2011. I m also planning on getting my H1B stamped during my vacation. But my company HR said that since my Visa is expiring only 3/30/2009, there are chances that US consulate might refuse to issue the visa. They said that either I can postpone my travel date or return back to US with old H1B Visa. I m not sure how far this is true.

Since I cannot postone my travel, I m confused now and I have the following questions

a. Can I enter into US with my old H1 B Visa.
    b. At the port of Entry, do I need to inform Immigration officer about my new I 797 and ask him to put the new expiry date?
    c. How long before the H1 B Visa expiry date, can enter in US?
    d. Whether the above question C has got any relevance with my flight check in?(since I m travelling my Air India, i dont need to get any transit visa. But I want to confirm)

Appreciate your help

Thanks,
    Sundar

Appreciate your help

a. Yes, but your HR is wrong. You can get a renewal stamp if you wish to. I have done it in the past 4 months prior to visa expiration.
    b. Yes, you need to carry both I797s and the I-94 will be issued as per latest approval I797.
    c. Any day before visa expiration.
    d. As long as visa is valid, no transit visa required.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thank you for your quick reply

Thanks
      Sundar

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X