X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel on B1 , H1b Stamped

Dear Friends,

Apologies for posting an age old query.

This is regarding the B1 Travel from Employer B when I have the H1B Stamped from Employer A.

I have a valid H1B Stamped from Employer A.

I wish to file a petition ( not subj. to CAP) from employer B. Since the process is time consuming, I am asked to travel to US on B1 from employer B.

These are my queries:

1) Can I travel to US on a B1 Visa from Employer B, when the H1B is valid from Employer A?. if yes, what happens to my existing H1b?.

2) Can I create a new petition from Employer B after traveling to USA?.

Best Regards

COS to H1b can be difficult if you enter on B1 and is in fact not recommended. Why can't B go with Premium processing?

You can have B and H visas at one time on the passport and it is allowed. Nothing happens in most cases. The petition can be transfered to a new employer anytime when they wish to.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

danke schoon!

Originally posted by txh1b
      Why can't B go with Premium processing?
      client of employer B requires me a.s.a.p. hence, the fastest means seems to be B1 than H1 premium processing ( internal delay in org is more compared to DHS delay which leads to ~2 months for entire process).

Originally posted by txh1b
      You can have B and H visas at one time on the passport and it is allowed. Nothing happens in most cases. The petition can be transfered to a new employer anytime when they wish to.
      So, In theory .. traveling on B1 while holding a H1 is not a problem? .

Comment

Originally posted by sapient
        So, In theory .. traveling on B1 while holding a H1 is not a problem? .
        Yes, it is NOT a problem and is allowed.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X