Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b Online appiontment question

Hi,
    I am trying to get date for my h1B visa stamping in Mumbai embassy sometime in early 2009. I have some questions for this process. Please help!
    My H1 visa is already approved and it is valid since October 1, 2008. I am working in USA right now. so when you fill the application, on the first window it asks,
    1) resident of India/Bhutan or Indian citizen residing in USA?
    Ans would be: "Indian citizen residing in USA", right?
    2) Applying for the same visa class which is currently valid or expired in past 12 months? y/n
    here I am confused, My H1 b visa petition is accepted(so my visa status would be currently H1) but it is not stamped yet. So what do I answer, yes or no
    3) Then It asks for local address in India.
    when I entered my home address in India, the appointment system did not let me continue. The address line is with red asterisk with drop down menu of states of India.(So I can 't enter my local address in USA.) The error said, option in question 1, "USA resident" is only applicable to H and L class of visa applicants and I should choose resident of India/Bhutan in first question. Even though I am applying for working in USA(H1) visa class
    Is it just a quirk of the system which will go away when I try next time,or am I doing something wrong here?
    Thank you very much for your answer.
    Last edited by rhyya; 12-29-2008, 05:46 PM.

2) What visa were you on before H1. In this case you should answer NO as you are not applying for the same class visa
    3) Enter your India Residential address..this is the address where your passport gets couriered.

Comment

I was on student visa before. But as I said my H1 visa is currently valid starting from october first 2008.
      Still my answer to the 2) question would be no?
      becuase in the question it says, currently valid
      Thanks very much for reply.
      Last edited by rhyya; 12-29-2008, 05:48 PM.

Comment

In this case I would think the visa they are referring to is an F1 visa, that you had prior to H1B. So you need to answer NO, if you were applying for an H1B extension, you would have to answer YES.

Comment

Hi Rhyya ,

There is a difference in H1 work Permit and H1 Visa.
          I think you are saying that your H1 work permit /H1 petition is approved since Oct'08 and now you are going for your H1 Visa stamping for the first time.

So your answer should be NO as the question is whether your H1 Visa is currently valid or expired in past 12 months.
          But there is no H1 Visa in your passport till now.

Thanks and regards,
          Abhay

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X