No announcement yet.

I-94 qn - urgent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only if it is the same visa type and a renewal, it could be done I think. COS from F1 to H1 is not allowed. Check the website or email the consulate.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

This thread was really helpful. My I797 expires in Jan 2010 and I am going for my H1B stamping to India and will be back in Feb 2009. I think when I come back my I-94 would be valid until Jan 2010 (as thats the expiry date on my current I797).
      When I apply for a new I797, for extension say somewhere in Nov/Dec 2009, I would get a new I797. But my I94 on the passport would still say Jan 2010. What needs to be done in such a situation ? Do I have to go to the airport in Jan 2010 to get a new I94 ?

Comment

You get a new I-94 along with the approval notice if the extension of stay was approved by USCIS. It has the same number as the number on the white I-94 from airport. You have to staple them together.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

I didn't clearly understand how the numbers work on I-94. In my case,

when I came back from India on March 2008, the number was-37141 YYYY 18.

when I came back from India on Nov 2008, the number was -39887 YYYY 18.

In my latest I-94 (The one I got from my latest I-797 and the one I got from CBP office) , the number is - 37141 YYYY 18 again.

Do you know why the number was different when I came in Nov 2008? Thanks.

Comment

Do not complicate things unnecessarily. You are comparing different things. Every time you travel, you will get a new I-94 with a different number.

The person was asking about extension of H1b while remaining in US and that is when the I-94 gets renewed by USCIS and comes along with the approval notice which contains the same number as the white I-94.

Do some reading on immigration, FAQs and forum messages to improve the knowledge.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X