Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please tell me what is 'administrative processing'

Dear All,
    Me and my wife have been interviewed at US Consulate in Dubai about 3 months ago. The officer told us, they need to research about US company and being sure about it. She said, they will decide about our case in one month. But now after several months, when I emailed to consulate they just told me:

Our records indicate that your case is currently undergoing administrative processing. We are unable to predict the time required to complete this process.

Some of my friends says this is 'FBI Check' and some says it's not. I'm totally confused!

I was wondering if people in this website could help me realize what it means.

Any help is appreciated in advance,
    * Roozbeh

Go to Google and search

Comment

I'm serious.

I already searched google and forums, some people said it's about to 'FBI security check' and some said it means your case is rejected to USCIS and they are reviewing you documents.

It's nice if somebody could help me understand what's going on

Comment

Hi Roozbeh2,

"Administrative Processing " is the general term used by the consulate.
        It can be anything like Reveiwing your documents , reveiwing your company profile , your name check ,PIMS Verification etc. etc...

There is nothing which you can do to escalate./speed up the process.

Thanks and Regards,
        Abhay

Comment

Buying time to evaluate your case properly.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks guys for help.
            Do you think they rejected my documents to USCIS for further review? Are they gonna inform me in that case?

I asked from consulate, but they didn't respond me. I thought if they sent my docs to USCIS, the processing would take much longer. Is it true ?

Thanks again,
            * Roozbeh

Comment

I just received a message from consulate which said my case is forwarded to Washington for security check.

Could you guys please tell me, how much it takes? Do you know that security check for B1/B2 visa differs from H1B/H4 Visa ? I mean if security check for business visa takes about 90 days, for H1B it takes same time or more?

Thanks for help,
              * Roozbeh

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X