Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221G issue please suggest

Good day guys
    First of all I wish evry1 of u a very very happy and prosperous new year.

I went 2 h1b interview @ london embassy on 29/10/2008 and i was issued 221G (further admin processing). Yesterday when I mailed to consulate to know the status of my application i got the reply as below

"Your application is currently undergoing further review by a consular officer. The approval of a petition by the Department of Homeland Security does not relieve the alien of the burden of establishing visa eligibility. The interviewing consular officer had reason to believe that information made available during the interview process had not been available at the time the petition was filed with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services".

After seeing this I feel like chances of getting the visa are more 'negative' for me , do u feel same ?
    Have u heard about something similar to this ?
    can ma employer do anything about this ? Guys please lemme know ur suggestions or advice.........
    Thanks for having ur time

Hi

I had the same issue like you in 2006.
    I attended for H1- B in London, they said that they are not able to evaluate my education here so you need to go back to india. when i went to chennai they gave me this 221g Pink slip in Nov 2006. It took them almost 13 months for them to issue me a visa. I dont think you will face the same time frame. What i thought is as i was muslim they did some background check and it took so long for them to decide.
    some of the cases took only 20-30 days, i hope you will also get the result with in 1 month.
    Your employer will not do anything in this issue so, keep fingers crossed and wait for the best.
    bye

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X