Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help me

Hi,

I am currently here in US on H4. It is valid till this year September. I wish to apply for H1 this year. As you know, this is done before April 1st of every year. I need to travel to India in April. So if i leave the country after having applied for H1, when i come back in May, will my H1 still be in process or would it become invalid? Or should i go to India before April like say in March and get H1 filed by someone here? If i do so, after how long can i come back to US? Please suggest me the right way.

H1B application will remain in process. Only COS will be void if you travel(if you are applying for COS from H4-H1).

should i go to India before April like say in March and get H1 filed by someone here? If i do so, after how long can i come back to US?
    If your petition gets approved, you need to go for stamping in that case which you need to go by/after Oct 2009. After stamping you can enter US anytime when job is ready.
    I am not a lawyer and this is not a legal advice. Use it at your own risk. Consult professionals before getting into an action.

Comment

Thank you. All i need to know is wont there be any problem w.r.t.my H1 processing if i leave to India in April and come back in May.

Comment

Thank you. I do have a valid H4 till september for re-entry.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X