Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 and L1

Hi friends,

I am in fix. I have H1 visa stamped with xxxx company and now my current company yyyy want to process for L1. If i get L1, will my H1 be void and cancelled automatically? Please suggest. since Job market is not very good in US, therefore i want to choose more secured job that is from yyyy comapny.

Thanks,
    pagarwal

I am in fix. I have H1 visa stamped with xxxx company and now my current company yyyy want to process for L1. If i get L1, will my H1 be void and cancelled automatically? Please suggest. since Job market is not very good in US, therefore i want to choose more secured job that is from yyyy comapny.

---- Yes, you can process L1 and keep your H1. At the POE express your intention of entering the US on L1 and accordingly you will be given a I-94 for L1. The H1 will still remain valid. All you have to do is go for the L1 visa interview to get a L1 visa stamped on your Passport. If you have a H1 visa already stamped on your Passport it will not be cancelled by the VO

Subramanya

Comment

As both are work visas, the one you do not intend to use will most likely be canceled by the VO at the interview. That does not mean you cannot get back on H1b again. Your petition remains valid and it is just the visa.

You got a H1b visa because a job is awaiting you in US. If you can convince the VO that you plan to work on H1b, you stand a chance. But that may not happen.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X