Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Transfer - Paystubs

Hello,
    I'm bit confused with my H1 transfer and would like to know the answer for my below problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated:

I have a H1 visa which is still valid under company A till May '09. Earlier, I had travelled to US with this visa and worked for that company A for an year (Apr 07 till Mar 08) and have all the paystubs for that period. Later I went back to India and I'm working for the same company A till now.

My question is, if I want to get my H1 transferred to a new company B in US, do I need latest paystubs. If so, will my last paystubs at US (till Mar 08) be accepted for transfer.

PS: I read that H1 transfer can be done even if I'm in India and I can still travel with my old visa if I have my new employer's petition and other approved documents in hand at the Port of Entry

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    The information provided here may not be considered as legal advice
    -------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm bit confused with my H1 transfer and would like to know the answer for my below problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated:

I have a H1 visa which is still valid under company A till May '09. Earlier, I had travelled to US with this visa and worked for that company A for an year (Apr 07 till Mar 08) and have all the paystubs for that period. Later I went back to India and I'm working for the same company A till now.

My question is, if I want to get my H1 transferred to a new company B in US, do I need latest paystubs. If so, will my last paystubs at US (till Mar 08) be accepted for transfer.

---- Yes

PS: I read that H1 transfer can be done even if I'm in India and I can still travel with my old visa if I have my new employer's petition and other approved documents in hand at the Port of Entry

---- Yes, carry your latest I-797 for an updated I-94 at the POE

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X