Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transferring H1 without getting it stamped.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transferring H1 without getting it stamped.

Hi,
    I have a query regarding H1 transfer -:

Company A filed for H1-B visa for me in 2008 and got picked up in the lottery.I havenot gone for stamping yet.Company B is interested in hiring me.

1. Can I file a transfer request to company B before visa is stamped/granted?

2. IS there any way in which I can transfer H1-B, before joining a company which sponsored my H1-B.

3.Will company A come to know that Company-B have applied for transfer from USCIS?

4.If any case they come to know and revoke the petition is it possible for Company B to go with the transfer ? Will I loose my H1 completely ?

Thanks
    John
    Last edited by johnm; 01-05-2009, 01:28 AM.

Read the FAQs.Has the H1b from A been approved? If so,

1. Yes
    2. Yes
    3. No
    4. No

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Hi Tx,

Thanks for your reply,I am confused with your last reply,so posting again-:

4.If any case they come to know and revoke the petition is it possible for Company B to go with the transfer ?

5. Will I loose my H1 completely in the above case?

Also in the FAQs at the following link -:

I am confused with the last but 1 question...." I have H1 visa from one compnay right now ....."- does this situtation is not similar to mine,I havenot gone for stamping but in my case H1 s approved only ?

Comment

4. Yes
        5. No

The question on the FAQ refers to a situation when one wants to travel on a old employer's petition with NO intent to work for them. That cannot be done. You can travel after the H1b transfer is approved from your new employer. Read carefully.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X