H1 B Transfer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 B Transfer.

I have a valid H1B visa approved till Sep 2009 with my old employer. I changed my employer in Oct 08 and filed for H1B transfer. I have been working for the new employer since Oct 08.Till now I have not received my H1B approval notice. I have to go out of country and my old stamp on the passport is also expired. Is it advisable to go out of the country without receiving the approval. Will I have to file for another application or my current H1b transfer application is still valid. On USCIS website it usually says transfer time is 2 months, but its almost 3 rd month. I know it was a holiday season, which might have delayed a process little bit. But my question is Will my application be considered valid even I m out of the company. Being in or outside the country can affect the outcome. I m in sixth year of my H1 and I have also filed for my LC.

Not a good idea to travel at all. You could upgrade to PP if the travel is a must and leave after you get the approval.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X