Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H-4 221g Pink slip Chennai 53 days and counting

Hello Everyone,
    My wife had been to the consulate with me for the H-4 visa and she got a Pink slip 221g on 14th Nov 2008. I framed a response on the same day and status changed to Administrative Processing on the 18th of Nov 2008. She hasn't received any response yet, it's been 53 days (on Jan 6th 2009) since i posted the response.
    She had been working in the field of biotech with vaccine creation etc, and has quit the job in India and does not intend to work in US.
    I have the following questions -
    1. (a) Is there a possibility of her being in the Visa Mensis/TAL check?
    (b) If so, how long does it usually take? (Any experiences please do share - i did see some posts stating a maximum delay of 60 days)
    2. Will employing an attorney in this case help in any way?
    3. Can we call VFS ahead of the 10 weeks period (as mentioned in the pink slip to contact Chennai Consulate through email) without delaying the Administrative Processing?
    4. Me being on H-1B, and in case i get laid off and receive paychecks until Mar 20, and probably move to a new job by then
    Will it affect my wife's case in any way, in case i change my employer due to unavoidable circumstances, before they issue her a visa?
    Thanks all for your help as always.

Could anyone please respond...

Hello Senior members/members, could someone provide me some directions.
    Thanks for your time.
    Regards,
    Naresh.

Comment

H4 issues

My wife had been to the consulate with me for the H-4 visa and she got a Pink slip 221g on 14th Nov 2008. I framed a response on the same day and status changed to Administrative Processing on the 18th of Nov 2008. She hasn't received any response yet, it's been 53 days (on Jan 6th 2009) since i posted the response.
      She had been working in the field of biotech with vaccine creation etc, and has quit the job in India and does not intend to work in US.
      I have the following questions -
      1. (a) Is there a possibility of her being in the Visa Mensis/TAL check?

---- It is possible that your wife is grouped in this category but most of the time it happens for people who work in those areas while in the US

(b) If so, how long does it usually take? (Any experiences please do share - i did see some posts stating a maximum delay of 60 days)

---- No time period and no guess work. Everyone have their own opinion

2. Will employing an attorney in this case help in any way?

---- Nothing can be done

3. Can we call VFS ahead of the 10 weeks period (as mentioned in the pink slip to contact Chennai Consulate through email) without delaying the Administrative Processing?

---- Nobody can influence the US Consulate

4. Me being on H-1B, and in case i get laid off and receive paychecks until Mar 20, and probably move to a new job by then
      Will it affect my wife's case in any way, in case i change my employer due to unavoidable circumstances, before they issue her a visa?

---- There seems to be somethingg missing here. Are you definite that you are going to be laid off. Are you already contemplating a change of job? Have you applied for the transfer?

---- It may not affect your wife's visa, but your statements are misleading

Subramanya

Comment

Modifying my last question...

Thanks Subramanya.
        I have been laid off and will be on payroll until Mar 20.
        I am looking to change employers if i get a full time position, otherwise i would look for a consulting company to sponsor my H-1 visa by Mar 20.
        Will it affect my wife's case in any way, in case i change my employer, before they issue her a visa?
        Thanks and sorry for the confusion.
        Regards,
        Naresh

Comment

H-4 221g Pink slip Chennai 53 days and counting

Hi Naresh,

We also have same case. So could you please share your experiences with me.

Regards,
          Rajeev

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X